Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Love of Moss

Happy Spring Friends,

Yes, it's been a while and I have often thought about you and wished I had posted this or that to keep in touch.  Life seems very busy with not as much time but I have followed you and watch your many projects and enjoyed            sharing your interest.  

Some of you I just see on Pinterest..... wonderful Pinterest.

Since January I have been busy painting and redoing the inside of my house,        finally changing to light gray, taupe and yellow.

Since the first warm day in March I have been outside.  With hands in the dirt, digging and planting enjoying it all.  

My back yard is shady and I want to try my hand with my dear love MOSS.  

                 OUT WITH GRASS is my new theme.

                 I stumbled on this wonderful site

http://www.mossandstonegardens.com/blog/how-to-grow-moss/















This site is full of so much beauty  - Moss, Moss - who knew there was so many varieties.




This is a wonderful piece of property they turned into a heavenly site of Moss





Can you even imagine?




Drop by their site and see their progress and lots of tips on Moss.  I plan on ordering a sample box to see how it works.

    http://www.mossandstonegardens.com/blog/how-to-grow-moss/

You can tell this area is shady and cool, it looks like the hot sun of Alabama has never touched it. 

I have transplanted moss from around our area to my new beds and now I can only hope for the best, and pray it gets established and spreads.


There are lots of recipes for Moss using buttermilk, yogurt, beer and moss whatever.  I am going to try this magic potion.  I promise to let you know how it works.

Now go out there and dig in dirt.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I so do love moss too! Happily we have quite a bit along our wee woodland...so soft and cool in the heat of the day.
    I shall look forward to following your magic moss adventure!
    Enjoy your gardens Kathy ...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment.