Sunday, June 9, 2013

MARKET ON THE SQUARE Downtown Mobile

FARM FRESH FLAVOR

               In the spring and fall our downtown plays host to a wonderful farmers market.
http://www.downtownmobile.org/events.html

I am never disappointed with the great variety and quality of fresh veggies, homemade breads, cheese and lots of great plants and bouquets of home grown.


BLUE MOON FARM is just one of the great merchants.
 


Just look at these great colors!


I can't resist Sunflowers they are always
one of my favorite.



Blue Moon Farm is an organic farm at its best.

I love the market not only are the prices better but the products
are excellent.  

Usually picked the day before, freshness at its peek.



Do you support your local markets, these farmers and growers
need our support.

Finished shopping refresh with a lemonade on the go.

I do love our Markets.  Enjoy supporting yours.

I'm heading over to a few linky parties, come join up.
http://www.pickyourown.org/ALmobile.htm
The Everyday Home for Homework Wednesday
Lindsay @ Southern Lovely for Show and Share
Lucy @ Craftberry Bush for Inspiration Gallery Thursday
Yvonne @ Stonegable  for Tutorials - Tips and Tidbits Thursday
Gina @ The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
Sherry @ No Minimalist Here for Open House Party on Thursdays
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop
Niki @ The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
Kathy @ A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
Richella @ Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
Susan @ Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Pamela @ From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
Desirie @ The 36th Avenue for 36th Avenue Party Thursday











13 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    That market look fantastic. So pretty are the flowers. I love sunflowers too. Thanks for sharing.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Kathy!
    We decided not to plant our traditional garden this year because we support our farmers markets.

    Mr D and I have a soft spot in each of our hearts for Alabama! We lived in Ozark for two years.

    We bought our farm table in a barn outside of Dothan in 1975. It's the heart of our home!

    I have worked with a sweet friend from Mobile for almost 12 years!

    It's going to be fun visiting you!
    Have a great week!
    ~Lynne
    withLove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sunflowers, too. They are so bright and cheery. Wish they'd grow in my garden....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very good reminder that I need to get back into doing just that - life got busy and I got lazy, and well, just need to do it. There's no excuse: every friday at 4pm there is a local farmers' market place literally 5 minutes from me in my sweet little town. No excuses to miss it, if weather is good I will be there and can thank you for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I desire to learn
    even more issues approximately it!

    Also visit my blog post: gardening tips

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I do and I just LOVE pick your own markets! This looks wonderful! http://lyndabergmandecorativeartisan.blogspot.com/2012/01/painting-on-clawfoot-bathtubtoile-rural.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry, I pressed the key too fast! Ignore previous response!!! I do support local markets and do love pick your own farms! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great little farm stand! Makes me want to grow more and join our farmer's market! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy -This is my first time to your blog.
    I'm finding lots of great inspiration!
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have spent a fortune at the Blue Moon Farm stand. What a wonderful market! I know you had fun....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for linking up to Say G'Day Saturday. It was wonderful to go on a 'virtual' tour of your markets with you.

    This weekend's party has just started so I hope you can join in again!

    Best wishes for a great weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE a farmer's market! Those flowers are beautiful! Life to the full! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. A farmer's market is just the best for fresh flowers and garden fresh goodness! And supporting local businesses is a good thing too!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you, please leave a comment.